“In a crystal we have clear evidence of the existence of a formative life principle, and though we cannot understand the life of a crystal, it is nonetheless a living being.” — Nikola Tesla
Well-being and health using colour can be enhanced using crystals. Crystals attract us with their colour and their energy. They can help to awaken our awareness – of our psychological, spiritual and emotional selves. Crystals can be very powerful and many people are sensitive to their energy. Their different energies can be used to balance and enhance our own body’s energy.
Crystals can be selected based on their colour and also by specific ‘healing properties’. They can be placed around the home, carried with you or used in meditation. Each colour of the visible light spectrum – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet – are associated with certain healing properties. Some people believe if you feel an attraction to, or dislike of, a certain colour that this also has meaning.
Like many natural therapies, crystals have been used to heal for centuries, and their connection to the chakras is also an ancient connection. You can find many suggestions in books and websites to explain which crystals may be helpful in relation to the seven chakras and their colours.
It’s worth noting that crystals don’t have to be large or expensive to have an impact. It’s more important to choose the appropriate crystal and to set clear intentions. This will certainly impact your success with this therapy. You use research your choices online or use one of the many crystal guide books. Or trust your intuition and the crystal’s vibrations to assess which crystals would benefit you at a particular time. Of course, working with vibrational energies and intuition can take time to develop. It’s definitely worth spending time and effort to fine tune these sensibilities.
How do you choose a crystal?
It is said that we don’t choose a crystal, rather they will choose us. Don’t overthink it; use your intuition. You may instinctively choose the crystal that is just what you need! While intuition and choosing what you’re drawn to often works, sometimes the array on offer is overwhelming. So do ask for advice and information – either online or in-store – to help you make the best choice for you.
There are so many different forms of crystals: natural, unpolished pieces and tumbled stones, cut point pieces and jewellery set with crystals and gem stones you can wear. People have always used gemstones and crystals for ornamental or decorative purposes. But, in ancient and modern times, cultures all over the world have also believed that they can have healing properties. Let’s take a look at some popular gemstones and the health benefits they’re said to bring.
How do you use crystals?
- In your meditation practice, hold crystals in your hands or keep them nearby. Amethyst, Apophyllite, Spirit Quartz, Lepidolite and any of the quartz family are good to use.
- You can also just simply hold a crystal in your hand and take some moments to breathe and give intention to its healing benefits. You might even keep it in your pocket or bag for more content focus and intention.
- Placing crystals in your environment is a great idea; somewhere you can see them, notice them. Some particular places that work well for certain crystals. In your work or computer space, Black Tourmaline, Smoky Quartz or Shungite can be beneficial for your desk. If you’re a creative type then have Amethyst in the room.
- Some popular or favourite crystals: Clear Quartz is an amazing generally useful one that’s also healing; Smoky Quartz has wonderful grounding properties; Blue Calcite is calming and relaxing. And Rose Quartz, because, well … pink!
White & Clear Crystals – Purity & Peace: Clear quartz, selenite, apophyllite, white chalcedony and moonstone.
Red Crystals – Action & Power: Red jasper, ruby, vanadinite, garnet and rubellite.
Pink Crystals – Love & Compassion: Rose quartz, rhodochrosite, pink tourmaline, rhodonite, and pink opal.
Orange Crystals – Creativity & Change:Sunstone, carnelian, orange calcite, sunset aura quartz and amber.
Yellow Crystals – Willpower & Optimism: Citrine, golden onyx, honey calcite, yellow jasper and sulphur quartz.
Green Crystals – Abundance & Growth: Malachite, jade, peridot, moss agate and green aventurine.
Blue Crystals – Clarity & Communication: Lapis lazuli, aquamarine, blue lace agate, larimar and azurite.
Here is a rainbow collection of popular healing crystals
- This first (the root) chakra stone helps with feeling more grounded.
- Put black obsidian in your pillowcase or on your bedside table. You might even fall asleep holding it in your hand to help destress and ground yourself.
- Found anywhere there are high amounts of volcanic activity: the United States, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Argentina, Chile, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Russia, New Zealand, Japan and Kenya.
- Carnelian – a second (the sacral) chakra stone. It is a stabilising stone, restoring vitality and motivation, and also stimulates creativity. It gives courage, promotes positive life choices, dispels apathy and motivates for success.
- Found in Brazil, Uruguay, India, Madagascar, the United States.
- A stone of the third chakra – the energetic power centre of the body – citrine catapults a woman into embracing a leadership role, making things happen in business.
- It is associated with creativity and wealth. Citrine can assist with standing firmly within your personal power, self-confidence, and establishing healthy boundaries in every area of your life.
- Brazil, Madagascar, Russia, Argentina, Bolivia, France, Myanmar, Namibia, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Uruguay, Zambia.
- Rose Quartz activates the heart (fourth) chakra and promotes positive energy. It is said to enhance all types of love: self-love, love for others and unconditional love.
- This tender-tinted crystal raises self esteem, restores confidence, helps with emotional balance, and releases stress/tension/anger.
- Found in the United States, Germany, Brazil, Madagascar, India.
- The fifth chakra (throat) stone promotes speaking one’s truth with grace, ease, and confidence.
- If you have a fear of speaking in public, use lapis lazuli as a ‘worry stone’: Hold it in your left hand when practicing your speech, the day of your speech, and when it’s time to speak. Let your anxieties release into the stone.
- Found in Brazil, Uruguay, India, Madagascar, the United States.
- The seventh chakra stone (the crown of the head), clear quartz is known as the master healer. It is said to amplify the energy, thoughts, and vibrations of other crystals.
- Use it for connecting you with your higher self, your intuition and spirit guides – if that’s where it leads you.
- Found in Brazil, the United States, Swiss Alps, Himalayas, Peru, Madagascar.
- Amethyst is a stone of the sixth (third eye) and seventh (crown) chakras: It is super high-vibration (in addition to being super pretty); it helps us tap into our intuition and connect us to the higher planes of existence.
- Crystal stores often have a giant purple amethyst geode in a corner. This is because Amethyst rids negative energy in a room and also keeps ‘energy vampires’ out of your personal space.
- Found in Brazil, Uruguay, Sri Lanka, Siberia, Canada, India, Bolivia, Argentina, Zambia, United States.
- Chrysocolla is associated with the fourth (heart) and fifth (throat) chakras. It is said to stimulate the mind, with calming effects allowing truth and inner wisdom to surface and be heard.
- Also known as the Goddess Stone and those who resonate with chrysocolla will feel its ancient energies and connection with indigenous wisdom traditions.
- Found in Israel, Zaire, Chile, England, Mexico, Peru, Russia, United States.
You must be logged in to post a comment.